CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Raindrops Keep Fallin on My Head...


Artist: B.J. Thomas Lyrics
Song: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Raindrops keep falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his
Bed, nothing seems to fit. These
Raindrops keep falling on my head
They keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things
Done, sleep in' on the job, these
Raindrops keep falling on my head
They keep fallin'



But there's one thing I know, the blues they send to meet me
Won't defeat me, won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning
Red, crying's not for me, 'cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free, nothing's worryin' me.


It has been raining quite a lot lately, especially in the evenings. As much as I love the rain and the cool tidings it brings, sadly, it weakens my immune system. I am more prone to having my asthma attacks in this wet weather which are often accompanied with cough and flu. I tried to avoid being pelted by the rain but it proved to be impossible every time I had to fetch my daughter from school. The umbrella didn't seem to be big enough for both of us. Of course, I had to give her the bigger portion of the umbrella, leaving me drenched most of the time. The typical scenarios would be me jumping in the car with the dripping wet umbrella and wiping myself up before continuing our journey home. And once again when we reached our front gate, I had to leap out of the car, into the pouring rain to open the gate. Wet as wet can be, this has been going on for the last two weeks and hence this terrible flu cum cough cum asthma.

I am the type of person, alhamdulillah, who seldom gets sick. Maybe because I religiously take my vitamin C and calcium supplements everyday and drown myself with plenty of water. I am also the type of person who parks her car the farthest possible, just to get me going on foot and opts to climb the stairs instead of the escalator. All these rituals do drive my husband and children crazy, but I like doing them anyway as much as I love driving these people up the wall for fun sake! Despite all the healthy measures infused in my daily routines, I would inexorably get sick once in a while, and when I do, the whole family would be dragged into it as well. The worst one hit would be my husband, just because he hates greens, grains and anything healthy. He takes twice as long to recover, twice the extra attention, twice the care and twice the manja. The flu this time around, was hovering us longer than the usual. It has been more than 2 weeks and we still speak in that nasalized "sengau" tone!

The best food for your heart and soul during this vulnerable "gesundheit" moments is unquestionably Chicken Soup. I always have mine with rice, with mee hoon or with bread or even with pasta. This is just a simple recipe, one that is similar to the "Stone Soup" recipe.

1. Choose the bony parts of the chicken and boil for a long time, add some slices
of ginger, cloves and shallots to make the chicken stock.

2. Add some sliced meat in the same stock and probably a teaspoon or more of kurma
powder or maybe a bunjut of the adabi's sup bunjut.

3. Put in a cup of fleshy parts of the chicken and a quarter cube of anchovy stock.
I used Maggie anchovy stock.

4. Choose your favourite veggies, I put in a cup of celery, and carrots. Let it boil
till the veggies turned soft. A teaspoon of vinegar would be nice too.

Alright, now comes the "Stone Soup" part.

5. Add some egg tofu into the boiling soup.

6. A cup of brown oyster mushrooms.

7. Break an egg and let it curdle up.

8. Salt and pepper to taste.

9. Serve with some crunchy croutons.



There you have it, my simple Chicken Soup a.k.a Stone Soup. I better slurrrrp mine now before it rains again this evening and before "raindrops keep falling on my head..." la la la hmm hmm ti da da ti da...

3 treats:

mamazieza said...

this is nice.. tapi takkan kat sini jerr.. hehehe....

Wiz said...

Ala mama, ni resipi cabuk je. Malu nak sharem dgn sifu2 kat RN.

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

Thanks Wiz- useful recipe . I am down with flu too. The weatherin the UK particularly in Leeds has been erratic in the past two weeks. Sometimes sunshine in the morning and then it starts to rain for the rest of the day and vice versa. Many parts of the UK are flooded (not only in our country kay!).However, i am amazed at the accuracy of the weather forecast presented by BBC -extremely reliable. So it's easy to plan your outing. I miss life!!! My body feels so weak and i know my immunisation level is at its weakest point now.

Like the picture of the rain drops. Shall i sing 'my favourite things" (Sound of Music) to entertain my brooding spirit???

Love
Salina