CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Mirza!




On the surface, it was just another birthday party held at an A&W outlet. We have all heard of that before and chances are, we've all been to one, at least once. We have feasted on the burgers, the curly fries, the coney dogs and we have also gulped down that world famous beverage that has a dollop of ice cream floating on top. The food and the place were nothing new, the ambiance might be different, but what made this particular occasion something to look forward to was definitely and unquestionably the company: the people with whom you shared the great food. As far as I'm concerned, these are the people whose company I cherish more than anything else in this world. Call it corny, but I call it FAMILY

These are the people whom I grew up with, fought with, shared secrets with, had countless unforgettable family gatherings with. We have now all grown up*though we never felt like we have* have our own families to attend to, have our own professions that occupied the bulk of our time, and have our very own quandaries to mind. It has been inadvertently pulling us apart but at a party like this we came back as one again. We have changed in many ways, our sizes for instance: some have gone bigger, some have shrunk! Some have started playing football again and some have hung up their boots for good. Whilst some have switched to golf and one has even attempted to run a marathon! Despite all the changes in sizes and hobbies, we are still the same deep down, the giggles, the silly jokes, the way we walk and talk, nothing has changed. It was not just Mirza's birthday, but most significantly, it was a family day, well at least it was for me. So here's a glimpse of my family...

Our kids enjoyed the fun and games,



The parents watching felt the same,



Aunties, uncles, nieces and nannies,



And also these two hot ladies,



at a birthday party not to be missed.

6 treats:

linn said...

Ija, this blog thingy is great !! I can't remember the last time we all got together..it seems so long ago..Mirza's party was just an excuse for all of us to 'berkumpul' and catch-up on time lost..the cake was really yummy too..!!

Wiz said...

Blogging is a great way to store in all those memories, thoughts, recipes, silly notes, so on and so forth. I think it is better than photo albums. Glad you like it. How dya like your pics? You guys look great, please tell me you trimmed those buns, mine is overflowing uncontrollably! Help.

linn said...

You look just fine, my dear cousin ! Don't worry about the buns coz not having any is also a source of grief for Mon...;) The pics are great..you've managed to capture me at my best (i think) coz most of the time my pictures turn out looking as though i haven't slept for 1 year !! And yes, blogging is the best way to store memories....im gonna set one up for myself..and we can cherish our moments as family through our blogs....

Wiz said...

Kak Lin, I think you look great too, and it's good that I captured you at your best as I have readers from all over the world like Russia, Spain, Australia, Korea, Japan, USA, Arab, UK, Singapore, Indonesia, and even Alaska looking at your pics right now. So keep smiling, you'll never know when my camera is clicking! FYI, this camera is the cheapest I could find, onlyRM399 but the results are quite impressive don't you think? So proud of my purchase.

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

I envy you. You come from such 'a big clan'. How many cousins, aunties and uncles do you actually have???

Wiz said...

Manyyyyyyy! :o)