CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cakes of the Day




When a good client of mine called the other day asking for a Barbie cake, I quivered. I wasn't ready to do a standing Barbie cake again, after the recent ruinous incident in Ipoh. My anxiety subsided when she requested a simpler cake with Barbie sticker as the centre of the decoration. Alhamdulillah, her choice just made my day, well my weekend! I will definitely attempt to accomplish another standing Barbie cake, now that I have learnt a few tricks of the trade, but just not this weekend. The Barbie sticker will have to do for my clients...well for now. So, here are the two cakes I made today with just the stickers.

3 treats:

mamazieza said...

hi wiz... lama tak nampak kat rnet... hehehe.. merajuk ke????? tempek laa hasil kerja yang cun ni..... boleh laa kami sama2 oooohhh ahhhhhh... hehhehe

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

Hi, I'm back after a very exhausting but fruitful journey! Wiz, i think you should seriously consider moving to Perth once you have enough money. I 'surveyed' some bakeries overthere and it's so difficult to find halal pastries and cakes as most of them either contain lard or alcohol. Unlike in the UK they don't have many independent bakeries that sell home made cakes. Most of them are mass produced - of course from the factories.

One question - are the barbie stickers safe for consumption? are they edible or simply meant for decorative purposes? Sorry if i ask stupid question but really don't know much about cake baking.

Salina

Wiz said...

Yes, they are made from thinly pressed sugar dough. I would love to move there, and open a tiny cake cottage or something. At the same time selling our traditional kuehs. That would be good eh?

Doa for me.