CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 26, 2007

"...Just Like a Star" Featuring Corinne Bailey Rae



I am an old fashioned kinda person.I enjoy humming to easy going tunes and immersing myself in the meaningful lyrics, just swaying to the melodies with my kids singing along as
irritating back up singers! My music preference is evidently ones that I could sing along and that I could pluck my guitar to, although I must admit that my guitar playing is atrocious! My husband on the other hand, prefers music that he could bang his head to whilst hitting something with his drumsticks*he's an excellent drummer I must add*. Due to the vast differences in our music preferences, we would encounter problems whenever we are stuck in the car together and deciding whose CD should be in the CD player. I'm fortunate to have the whole battalion on my side*my kids are taught to like my music...muahahaha, devilish grin* and like always the majority wins. But of course, there were times that we had to hail to Hitler.*hands up*

Anyway, the songs I would like to feature here are Corinne Bailey Rae's best, such as "Just Like A Star" and "Butterfly". So upon Salina's request, I have written this entry just for you Salina, so enjoy!.

Just Like A Star

Just like a star across my sky,
Just like an angel off the page,
You have appeared to my life,
Feel like I'll never be the same,
Just like a song in my heart,
Just like oil on my hands,honour to love you.
Still I wonder why it is,
I don't argue like this with anyone but you,
we do it all the time,
blowing out my mind.
You've got this look I can't describe,
You make me feel I'm alive,
When everything is au fait,
without a doubt you're on my side.
Heaven has been away too long,
Cant find the words to write this song,
of your love.
Still I wonder why it is,
I don't argue like this with anyone but you.
We do it all the time,
blowing out my mind.
Now I have come to understand the way it is,
It's not a secret anymore,
coz we've been through this before.
From tonight I know that you are the only one.
I've been confused and in the dark,
Now I understand.
I wonder why it is.
I won't let my guard down to anyone but you,
We do it all the time,
blowing out my mind.
Just like a star across my sky,
Just like an angel off the page,
You have appeared to my life,
Feel like I'll never be the same,
Just like a song in my heart,
Just like oil on my hands.

Written by Corinne Bailey Rae

Butterfly

In my mother's house, there's a photograph,
of a day gone past,
always makes me laugh,
there's a little girl,
wary of the world,
she's got much to learn,
get her fingers burnt.
An affinity between you and me was a family,
said that I'd be fine,
gave me all your time,
and I left your side,
like a butterfly.

Shower me with your love,
colour everyday,
you make the milk-gold sun shine on me again.
Lift me up so high, watch me fly away,
and you give me life like a butterfly.

In my mother's house,
there was happiness,
I wrapped myself in it,
just like a chrysalis.
As my life unfolds,
see a pattern through of you,
protecting me and I protecting you.
What was that you'd say?
"make your own mistakes,
and when you're grown, make sure that you remain the same."
Now I realise,
what was on your mind when I left your side
like a butterfly.

Written by Corinne Bailey Rae and Rod Bowkett

I love all the songs in this CD, especially Breathless, Butterfly, Put Your Records On, and of course, Just Like A Star. What are you waiting for Salina, go get one of your own!

2 treats:

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

Beautiful lyrics which i can definitely relate to esp. the song "Butterfly". And you know well that i have this special affinity for butterflies. Even my wedding's theme was butterflies and roses. I will definitely get the CD after the 4th of June which is my submission date for my last assignment. I deserve a treat for working almost 24/7 in these past few days. For the time being i have to glue my bump to the only chair that i have in my studio flat and liase with my laptop. My only source of entertainment for the time being is your blog which i visit in between my break. Keep writing!

Love
Salina


Salina

Wiz said...

Glad I could keep you entertained!*panting* (sweep camera and run to cover my next cover story.) Mcm bagus je I ni, ha ha ha.