CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cookie Quest


I have recently found my old recipe book that went missing a couple of years ago. In it I rediscovered pages of cookie recipes, all under chocolate chip cookie tag. Crunchy chocolate chip cookies, Chewy chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, with espresso, with all types of nuts, so on and so forth. I doubt I have tried all of them, they only got copied down onto my recipe book but never really got tried and tested. So, with this book found*brushing the dust off* I would like to try as many recipes as I can in search of that perfect cookie recipe. The next few entries of this blog will be dedicated to this search.

Entry 1 : Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie

2 cups of flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
1/2 teaspoon of bicab soda,
2 tablespoon of milk,
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence,
180gm of margarine,( you can use butter if you want to)
1 cup of castor sugar,
1/2 cup of brown sugar,
1 Large egg

For the peanut butter filling I just used a local brand of sugarfree peanut butter. I didnt mix it with anything.

1. Whisk flour, cocoa, soda and salt, set aside.
2. Cream margarine and sugar till fluffy around 4 minutes.
3. Add egg and milk beat till well combined.
4. Take a heapful of dough and mould it into a ball before pressing onto your palm.
Scoop half teaspoon of the peanut butter onto the pressed ball and close the
cookie dough to form a ball again. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 170 in a preheated
oven.

If you don't fancy peanut butter, you can always mix in some chocolate chips. I had to do two versions, as my son is allergic to peanuts.

Verdict
: I found the texture a bit dry. Overall it is cruncy at the outside and chewy in the inside.

What do you think Izanie? She got to bring a bag home just now.

Do wait for my entry number two. I wont be baking today, it's mother's day!*puts apron away*

2 treats:

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

Happy Mother's day! Wondering what gift do you receive from your family? I just called up my mum last night to wish her Happy Mother's Day. I miss her terribly. Mum, someone who is indispensable. You can't live with them (need to bear will all the naggings) and you can't live without them (their unconditional love). I guess i will understand my mum better when i become a mother myself but being thousand miles away from her is really hard. There are times when i run into my mum favourite things such as the soft furnishing and it makes me cry as i fondly remember that she loves all those stuff! I just hope that i can graduate with distinction as a gift for all the sacrifices that she has made for me.

Love
Salina

Izanie said...

K Yang,

I LOVE the peanut butter cookies just the way they are - crunchy with a soft peanut butter interior... kinda like those Cadbury cookies with the filling inside but so much more real and rich!

Brushing off the cookie crumbs,

Izanie