CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chocolatey Munchables


Mother's day is over and I'm back in the kitchen. I am still searching for that perfect cookie recipe and for the second entry I made Doubletree chocolate chip cookies. Here's a little story on the origin of this cookie.

"When you check in at one of the 240 hotels run by this U.S. chain, you are handed a bag from a warming oven that contains two soft and delicious chocolate chip cookies. This is a tradition that began in the early 90s using a recipe from a small bakery in Atlanta. All of the cookies-which weigh in at an impressive two ounces each-are baked fresh every day on the hotel premises. Raves for the cookies from customers convinced the hotel chain to start selling the chocolatey munchables by half the dozen..."
Wilbur, Top Secret Recipes.

Here's the recipe

1/2 cup oats ( blend till fine)
2 1/4 cup flour,
1 1/2 tspn soda,
1 tspn salt,
1/4 tspn cinnamon,
1 cup butter softened,
3/4 cup brown sugar,
3/4 castor sugar,
1 1/2 tspn vanilla,
1/2 tspn lemon juice ( I used orange)
2 eggs,
3 cups chocolate chips,
1 1/2 cups walnut ( I didnt have any)

1. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
2. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon till fluffy. Add eggs and mix till smooth.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend well.
4. Add the chips and nuts.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven at 170 degrees.

Verdict
: I made mine much smaller than the size suggested. It is easier for my children to grab a handful and put them in their pockets..argh!
The cookies turned out crunchy instead of chewy, I am not sure why, maybe because of the size. I prefer the peanut butter chocolate cookie though.

Happy trying!

2 treats:

mamazieza said...

whether it is crunchy or chewy.. for sure.. it would not last long.. hehehehe

Wiz said...

Mama, you came to visit again! Nice of you. I have always enjoyed your company.